Grad School

Monday, May 9, 2016

I sit here at my desk downing rice cakes (I don't think they're healthy when you scarf down 5 in a row) when I glance up at my calendar, only to realize I begin grad school classes in two weeks from today.

Grad school.
Those words are still peculiar to me.. at least when I am saying them in regards to me.
Just 8 short months ago I was confused and in the dark about what to do with my life; and suddenly, here I am registered for 7 classes between now and December. Once I start, I don't stop until next summer.

(10 weeks of summer classes, 4 days a week, 4.5 hours each.
16 weeks of fall classes, 3 days a week, about 3 hours each.
16 weeks of a spring class, once a week, while student teaching.)

Assistant Teacher + (above equation) = Teacher

I cannot wait to be a full-time teacher. Teaching as a Permanent Sub in Kindergarten has taught me so much. I am still learning more and more every day and falling more and more in love with teaching. I know the year ahead will be tough but so rewarding. I plan to do my best to change the life of every student that walks into my classroom.

Once employed as a teacher, I will have 12 more hours of online course work. My goal is to complete this by Spring 2018 when I will graduate with my Masters Degree. (That's also really weird to say)

Thank you to all who have supported me in this journey. So many of you have helped guide me to this point in my life. I hope to change lives and have a positive impact on my students, just like so many people have done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger