The Old Tim Can't Come to the Phone Right Now

Sunday, November 26, 2017

I have always tried to present my genuine and authentic self to you.

In the past month, I have done so by posting a series of photos captioned with Taylor Swift lyrics.
While it might have seen totally "basic white girl" to you, each lyric was a grouping of words that adequately gave life to my presently occurring events and emotions. 

There was happiness and tears. There were kisses and cold-shoulders. There was anxiety I had worked so hard to overcome only to be triggered by one's act of cowardice. There were second chances and let downs. 

"It was so nice being friends again
There I was giving you a second chance
But you stabbed my back while shaking my hand
And therein lies the issue
Friends don't try to trick you
Get you on the phone and mind-twist you"

Focusing on what is tough is simple. Moving on, overcoming, and being better than you ever were... well, that takes strength. Strength is something I am working hard to have more of.

"But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time"

Goodbye to heartache. Goodbye to mind games. Goodbye to one-sided connections. 
I have my life together. 
I am unapologetically moving on to something bigger and better for no one but myself. 

"If a man talks ...., then I owe him nothing
I don't regret it one bit, 'cause he had it coming"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger