The Dating Game

Sunday, August 13, 2017

When you believe one way and act another, you'll find yourself in an awful mess.
I have always believed that love finds you and that looking for it is useless (you don't have to agree).
That is my personal belief, but for months after my breakup I was searching for what I had lost. Date after date, disappointment after disappointment. Twice, I managed to get myself hurt pretty badly. I saw only what I was looking for and latched on so quickly to the hope that maybe I had found what I had lost. That's not the way it works and I knew that! I just chose to ignore it. In reality, I should have been building myself up. Finding myself, focusing on my career, knowing that when I least expect it, love will find me. It may be in a month, a year, a decade, but hopefully not a century.

It took me a full 6 months to finally listen to what I've known all along is best for me. Right?! 6 months. But here's the thing, I am not upset with myself for those 6 months of dating and hoping to find my Prince Charming. I needed that distraction, it was a part of my journey to realizing I am strong on my own. Now I am free to focus on my career, my hobbies, my friends and family. Even though I am not looking for my prince, I have still had a few duds pop into my life by surprise, but that's part of it. I have learned to be hopeful but not let down.

You are strong on your own. One day, someone so perfect is going to show up in your life and surprise you with love. Now, I'm not saying go delete all those dating apps off your phone. It's totally possible to swipe right on your soulmate (I think?). All I'm saying is, don't be convinced you WILL find your soulmate that way. Take it easy and enjoy your life. This is your time, make the most of it. You can't do that if you're caught up in the dating game. Focus on the world around you, love will come. Be strong, be you, and don't let the dating game take control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger