Kill 'em With Kindness

Sunday, September 17, 2017

We all have someone in our life that straight up annoys us.
It may be a coworker, a family member, a friend in the group, whoever.
You know who it is. They get under your skin and may even downright infuriate you.
You might think, how can the be that way?! You may not be able to change them but you can change your reaction towards them.

I have recently run into an individual that drives me a little bit crazy. I realized I have some options in how to react to this. I can be snarky right back, I can completely ignore the individual, or I can kill them with kindness (cue Selena Gomez's song playing in my head). Now this is not a person I can just ignore because I do have to interact with them to an extent. I would become just as rude if I completely ignored this person. I try my best to never fight fire with fire and be rude back, so I have chosen to continue being my happy self and lay on the kindness. Now I know this may seem a bit passive aggressive, but at the same time I am not going to let this person put me in a bad mood anymore. Being kind to people tends to put me in a good mood, so that is exactly what I intend to do. No matter how this person chooses to act, I will not let it change my positive mood. They don't deserve the privilege of stealing my happiness. Next time someone acts all grumpy towards you, take a moment and choose how you're going to react.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger