Reconnecting

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Recently, I have found myself caught up in and overwhelmed by trying to do a million and one things. We all feel that from time to time, whether it be with our family, our job, our hobbies... We get so wrapped up in things to the point we become disconnected from other important things in our life. I know we can't dump our responsibilities but I bet if you try hard enough you can make time to reconnect with more than just what's keeping you so busy.

For me, it was a friend and my faith. I have an incredible friend here in Charlotte that I hadn't seen in over a month until just recently. I have been so wrapped up in work and chores that I haven't made time for her. The same thing has happened with my faith. I have been pushing it to the side to make time for other less important things. (I know your priorities might be different than mine and that's fine! This applies to anything in life!) You see, there comes a point when you have to stop. Stop working, stop trying to get it all done, and you have to reconnect.

If you're anything like me, that can be difficult. I get so caught up in thinking I have to get things done that I feel like if I take time for something else, the world might fall apart. Helpful hint, it won't. Take a moment and think, what is your life missing? Take some time for it this week. Your work will get done. Don't let it take over! Take some time and reconnect, you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger