Being Okay With Right Now

Sunday, January 28, 2018

I have big goals for myself.

I want to travel the world, be an incredible photographer, fall in love, be an influential teacher, and SO much more. These goals are big and can sometimes seem like a far off dream. Here's the reality: in order to achieve my dreams, I have to be okay with where I am right now at this very moment. Take my photography for instance... It is so easy to get lost in the depths of instagram looking at unbelievable photos captured by wonderfully talented photographers. The issue with that is, if I have not accepted my skill level, I will get flustered very quickly. I'll get angry that my photos don't look like there's. But, they shouldn't! I just started shooting with a "big camera" less than a year ago (and half that year it spent collecting dust because I was too afraid to try). The same goes for my teaching. Pinterest is filled with beautiful classrooms and well put together teachers. Currently, that isn't my reality. THAT'S OKAY!! I know those are the goals I am working towards. Just because I haven't achieved them, doesn't mean that I am not doing well. I must accept my current skill level, knowing that I am working hard to improve so one day I will achieve my dreams.

Be okay with your right now. As long as you keep working, you're right on track.

1 comment:

  1. Saw a recent video interview on Project Life. Loved the relaxed interview and wanted to check out your blog. I've seen your photos - the only thing I say about this article Tim, is that you ARE a photographer. You may have dreams, don't lose those, but don't think you are not a photographer. And, for teaching, if you have helped just one student achieve success - you are a teacher. If you show someone how to do something and they prosper from it in life, health,... you are a teacher. Don't let the fear of measuring up to other people's success rob you of the triumph of your every day achievements. Someone will be looking at you wishing they were as you are now. :) Blessings fellow dude-crafter.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger